Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A quick update!

The sounds of drills, saws, and men speaking loudly are all around me. I have come to use a little bit of internet time at the job before Abe is ready to head home with me!

Melinda had a friend who needed a little employment... So Assanine is our new nanny two days a week. The kids already knew her through Melinda and she has such a sweet temperament. I am very blessed. Each Tuesday and Saturday she comes over to Pernier (the ACTUAL way to spell Penye) and cleans the house, baths the kids and washes what laundry has accumulated since Sunday. I am able to take one babe to the market with me each week and have Darlin time also. ;-D

The little girl from across the street, named Alyssa, had found her way into our house and woke me up this morning with bright Creole chatter and big brown eyes. She stayed for breakfast. And Lunch. And Snack. ;-) She was enthusiastic about helping us do school, and to the credit of my easily distracted babes-they ALL did very well. Today Alyssa learned how to use scissors. Sort of. She is IN LOVE with the glue stick.

After breakfast every day we move our little table to the couch (so Mom can have a seat) and the school day begins. Adam usually goes outside to sit on the porch as it is quieter. We try to get everything finished before lunch as right at noon it gets nearly unbearably hot in the house and we find ourselves lying out flat on our tile porch begging for breezes. The maids that keep house right across from us do the same and the early afternoon is spent with lazy looks and friendly smiles.

We received our second piece of mail here in Haiti-a letter from my little sister Annie. For those of you who do not know, I have an amazingly supportive, loving family back in Arizona. I am the eldest of 8 and my four youngest siblings still live at home where Mom continues to homeschool. It was recently my Daddy's birthday so today's outing included searching for envelopes so we could send the many drawings and cards my babes made up. I still have to figure out where the post office is...

Alright Abe is here. We need to hurry home! More later

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! We do the same thing, school in the morning, sweating in the afternoons. It gets SO hot!

    ReplyDelete